mireisoul: (Default)
[personal profile] mireisoul

Hmmm... a different take on how Duo and Hilde met


*******

[Who's the brat in jail?]

[Don't you know? He's a survivor from that Maxwell Church]

[The only one who escaped death]

[Hee... did he bargain with the God of Death?]

[Haha...maybe he did]


The God of Death Duo recollects the memories of his young days


------

--I've been living by dumb luck anyway--

--so I'll just play the dirty part myself---



Chapter 46: The Inverted Death* -- Enchantment

------

Trant: Test Report File no: 0614
Trant: Trant Clark logging in

Trant: Following my examination of the new Gundam's cockpit system...
Trant: I am left with only one conclusion

------

Trant: This system exposes the vulnerability of outer space...

------

Trant: This cockpit increases the combative abilities of the pilot

Trant: It can fully match the reaction time of the mobile dolls

Trant: BUT---


------


Trant: But when the brain wave levels are enhanced during a combat, a problem arises

------

------

Trant: ?!

Trant: It-it starts here...

------

------

Trant: UAH-!
Trant: UUAAAAHH--!!


------

Trant: HUH?!

Trant: WHY...

Trant: Why am I seeing an illusion?!

??: Lieutenant Trant, respond!
??: This is the Lunar Base!

??: You have orders from Colonel Tubarov!

??: Respond, Lieutenant Trant--

------

Trant: I don't have time for that!
Trant: I will find the secret behind this cockpit system no matter what!

Trant: Once I've done that, I can also persuade Colonel Tubarov

Trant: Ku--!

Trant: Fighting with Mobile Dolls is useless!
Trant: It should be a Gundam!

Trant: If I let it fight against a Gundam,
Trant: I can push this system up to its limits

------

TV: With the supplies from each colonies being transported to the Lunar plant, OZ's Operation Nova is showing steady results

TV: Duke Dermail who serves as a representative from the Romefeller Foundation announced further financial assistance for the expansion of the colonies

TV: This will finally rid us of our fear of invasion

TV: The outer space has welcomed a new era

Duo: What a bunch of crap....

D: That just made the colonies the invading side now....


------

Hilde: That's not true!

H: Until now, the colonies have suffered a history of humiliation

H: We're finally able to start a battle for independence!

D: Who are you?

H: I'm Hilde Schbeiker
H: A volunteered OZ soldier from the colonies

D: So there are curious fellas here, too, huh

H: Not much as you...
H: Duo Maxwell!

D: Seems I've become famous already

------

H: Where's your Gundam?

H: If you cooperate, we won't execute you here

D: That's not asking me to cooperate
D: You're forcing me

H: If you're also fighting for the colonies
H: isn't it advisable that you join forces with us?

D: My buddy is only 88% complete
D: I'll have to infiltrate OZ's Lunar plant from here
D: to complete the ECM and hyper jammer



------


H: You said you run and hide but you don't lie
H: Isn't that right, Duo?

D: Depends on the time and situation

H: And right now?

D: It applies

H: Then we have a deal
H: I'll be taking you to the Lunar plant

D: Heh! But I like traveling alone

D: So sorry

H: AH?!

------

H: WAIT THERE!!

??: There's an intruder in the mobile suits deck!
??: Capture him at once!

??: The air lock was open forcibly!
??: Evacuate!

D: Buddy can't loiter around right now
D: It's quite far but lemme fly ahead 'til I find a place to hide!

------

D: !
D: I'm being followed?!
D: Isn't that fast?!
D: You ain't gonna hit me!

H: Wait, Duo!!

------

D: Tsk! It's her again
D: Don't come near me!

H: The Gundams and their pilots are considered as threats to the peace in the colonies!
H: I'll shoot you down if you don't surrender!!

------

D: I'm also fighting for the peace of the colonies though...

H: I did it!

------

[Confirmed!]

[The one fighting is from our Mobile Suits army!]

[Identifying---]

[It's Second Lt. Hilde Schbeiker, member of Trant Laboratories!]

[All right! Fire!]

[But...]

[Don't sweat it! It's an order from Colonel Tubarov!]

[Trant Laboratories' deviation from military regulations is considered as treason!]

[Therefore, they must be punished!]

----

[...Roger]

H: ?!

H: It's Tubarov's pursuing party...!!
H: KYAA!!

D: You've become their target!!
D: What are you doing?!

D: What the heck, they'll target even their comrades?! Damn it!

H: Duo...

-----

H: Lieutenant Clark became absorbed with the Gundam's power...

H: I'm prepared to die!!

H: Shoot us down, for the peace of the colonies!

H: I now clearly see the significance of it...

H: We can't let the Gundams run rampant here in outer space

D:  You... do you understand what's happening now?!

H: GAA!!

-----

D: Damn it all!
D: And you call this a battle for peace....

D: This is simply killing each other with no regards

to enemies or allies!

D: I won't accept this!!



*******
Notes:

*Literally, it's "The Inverted God of Death" but the "Shinigami" here refers to the tarot card "Death" which is also translated as Shinigami in Japanese (thus, the inverted picture of Deathscythe Hell as if in a card)

Please don't repost my translations

Profile

mireisoul: (Default)
mireisoul

June 2016

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12 131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 16th, 2026 02:59 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios